When people think about productivity suites, Microsoft Office is the first to come to their mind. And when thinking about MS Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint come to their mind. However, there is a lot more to Microsoft Office than its three primary programs. Microsoft Office is a set of software applications and services that have been developed by Microsoft. The Office Suite covers a range of devices hosted by a variety of platforms. Microsoft Office 2016 comes with a range of mobile applications for iOS and Android.
With the help of MS Office 2016, you can have your office on the go and can access all the tools that will ensure the smooth running of your work. You could dabble around with Word to draft texts or PowerPoint to woo your audience. You can even take the assistance of Excel to organize, analyze, store, and compute data. The Office Suite also contains OneDrive, a cloud-based server that collects and hosts all your information and documents. Microsoft Office 2016 is the one-stop productivity suite that can cater to all your needs at all walks of life. To get it, simply go to office.com/setup 2016.
Microsoft Office 2016 Setup Prerequisites
Minimum System Requirements
- 1 Gigahertz processor.
- Minimum 2GB RAM for Windows PC and 4GB for Mac.
- Minimum 3GB free storage space in the hard disk for Windows PC and 6 GB for Mac.
- Latest updated Operating System.
- 1280 * 800 display resolution.
- Latest or the second latest Internet browser version.
Steps To Uninstall Microsoft Office
Uninstall any conflicting software such as an older version of Microsoft Office. Follow these steps:
- Open Start. Go to Control Panel.
- Navigate to Programs.
- Click on the link- Uninstall a program.
- Select the conflicting program such as Office 2010 from the menu.
- Click on the Yes button in the following window.
- Let the process of uninstallation get over.
- Click on the Close button in the end.
- Restart the PC for the changes to be effective.
Download Microsoft Office 2016 Setup
Downloading Microsoft Office suite is pretty easy. All you need to do is go to the website, buy the product, sign in, and download the setup. Find the step-by-step procedure below:
- Just enter the following URL in the URL bar of the browser: www.office.com/setup2016.
- Click on Get Started.
- When prompted, click on the Install button.
- Log in to the Office account.
- Click on the Install Now button.
- Let the Office 2016 setup file get downloaded.
Install Microsoft Office 2016
Installing Microsoft Office 2016 is also a simple process. You need to make sure that you have a proper and continuous internet connection while installing Office setup. Follow the steps given below:
- Click on Run when the setup file has downloaded.
- When the prompt appears, click on Yes.
- In the Next prompt, the Office 2016 apps will be getting ready.
- Wait until app the apps have been downloaded, and you can see them in the prompt.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the end, you will be notified with “You’re all set! Office 2016 is installed now.”
- Close the window.
Activate Microsoft Office 2016
Activating Office 2016 is essential to authenticate the copy of the suite. Retrieve the activation code from the email. After that, follow these steps carefully:
- Firstly, you need to launch any newly installed app on your PC. You can do so by going to the Start menu, and clicking on All programs.
- Alternatively, you can click on any freshly installed Office program from the list. Or else, click on any Office icon which has been placed on the taskbar after installation.
- Click on the Accept option in the Agreement prompt.
- After that, click on the Activate Now button.
- In the Activation prompt, enter the 25 characters product activation key.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Click on the close button when done.
Microsoft Office 2016 Applications and Services
Microsoft Word is an app used for composing text-based documents. It is used for an array of tasks for different environments, be it office or home.
Microsoft Excel is used to create spreadsheets. Users can use it for data analysis, computing advanced algorithms, creating formulas, pie charts, etc.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a program which enables users to make, showcase, see, and modify visual presentations in a convenient manner.
Skype, a part of Office 2016, is a service which allows users to make and receive video and audio calls. They can also share their screens on Skype.
OneNote is an app which is a sort of digital notebook where the users can create, share, edit, and view notes. OneNote is available on mobile as well.
Outlook by Microsoft is loved by all those who like to stay organized. Emails, documents, tasks, reminders, etc. are all present in Microsoft Outlook.
Do not want to hire someone for graphics designing? With Publisher, create stunning brochures, flyers, invites, and a lot more with minimum effort and time.
OneDrive is a cloud platform which stores a copy of all the data including pictures, videos, audio files, documents of the user. OneDrive is extremely secure.