Apple’s iPhone is quicker and smoother than other smartphones, but still, there are events wherein the app installed in the iPhone has crashed or frozen suddenly while running. If this has happened with you, then you must have thought that it never happened before. When an app crashes, it can be ignored by the user who considers it a glitch. But when the app keeps crashing or freezing, we get concerned about it. There is no need to worry about it, as the list of these effective workarounds iPhone will bring out the results in the iPhone.
Here’s how to Troubleshoot Freezing Apps on iPhone
Force Quit the app
It is the most common solution to resolve the problem. Force quitting the app will be able to solve the issue, and you can run the app normally again.
- Tap the home screen of your iPhone twice.
- It will open the preview of the apps you opened recently.
- Now, find the app which is frozen or crashing continuously from the list.
- Swipe left or right to move the app preview and find the app.
- If you found the app, swipe up to close it.
- Now, close the preview screen by going back to the home screen.
- Try launching the same app causing the problem.
- You will see the app is working normally, but remember the solution is applied for short term.
- If the problem reappears, then try the other solutions as well.
Try Updating the Apps
The old apps are the one causing problems and keep crashing like they are reminding us to update. If an app keeps freezing or crashing, then it is time to update it from the App Store in your handset.
- Tap to open the App Store in your iPhone.
- Now type the name of the app.
- Tap to select to update it.
- Your device will automatically do the process, and your app will be updated.
Try Reinstalling the Apps
If the problem persists, then it is time to uninstall the app to download it again in your device.
- On the Home Screen, long press the icon of the app causing problem.
- Now, tap on the cross (X) button at the corner of the app icon.
- It will delete the app.
- Now, open the App Store and find the app you uninstalled.
- Tap download.
- The phone will automatically install the app and try to launch again.
- The problem should be solved.
The methods and solutions mentioned are efficient to resolve the problem of the crashing or freezing apps in iPhone, but if the problem persists then you must try restoring the iPhone. Restore will surely remove all the bugs which are causing apps to crash anytime. Be patient while going through all the methods and you will say “it worked.”