It has never been easier to keep a record of your Skype calls, audio as well as video. Previously you had to take help of a third party app to record your Skype calls but now no more. Skype already allows you to do so much, but the feature of built-in recording for the system and device really brings up things to a new level.
You can easily record an audio or video call. You can play, pause and scrub within the recording. Recording in Skype will last for 30 days. Although you can save it as an MP4 file to use it later on. You can even share the recording with other people.
Here’s how you can use this new feature. If you choose to use a third party tool, then a few options are highlighted below:
- First and foremost, begin your Skype audio or the video call.
- Now that you have connected tap on the + sign.
- Choose the command, to begin with, the recording.
- You will see a message on the screen to notify another person that you are recording the call.
- So now that you are done with the call tap on + sign again.
- Choose command to stop the recording.
- Simply end the call.
Store the Recording
- Once the recording has come to an end, it will be placed within the chat window for that contact.
- View Recording
- Now you can play it, pause it or dive into a particular place with the help of the scrubber.
- The recording will play in its own window.
Download the Recording
- The recording stays in Skype for a maximum of 30 days; you require to save it as a permanent file.
- On the desktop version of Skype, tap on the three dot icon for More options at the upper edge of the recording window.
- Tap on Save to Downloads for keeping it in your Downloads folder.
- Tap on Save as to house it in a different location.
- The file will be saved as an MP4 video, even though it is an audio recording.
View Recorded File
For playing the file from the Downloads folder.
- Tap Show in the folder.
- Double tap MP4 file to access it.
Share the Recordings
If you want to share the recording with other people.
- Tap Forward.
- From the list of contacts, Choose person whom you want to send the recording.
Delete the Recordings
- For Deleting the recordings, tap Remove from the menu.
Share and Delete Multiple Recordings
- If you want to share and delete multiple recordings then just tap Select Messages.
- Keep an eye to each recording that you want to include.
- Tap the Forward or the Remove button at the bottom.
Save and Share Recordings on Mobile
- Hard press the recording from the mobile Skype app.
- You can save the recording as it is sent to one of the Skype contacts.
- Click Select Messages to choose multiple recordings for removing or forwarding them in one swoop.