The system updates for the console are not difficult, they can be done smoothly. But sometimes it can be possible that you face an error code “E” when your Xbox One console restarts after a system update. But you do not need to worry, most of the times this error code can be resolved by reinstalling the system update in offline mode. Besides this, you can troubleshoot this error code by using the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on your PC. in this post, we will discuss how to resolve Xbox One startup errors or E error codes.
Open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter
To start this process, you will need to open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, if you don’t launch it on your PC. However you can get it easily, but in case if you are not able to access it, then the below-given process will help you to save your time.
Xbox Startup Troubleshooter will guide you reset to update the Xbox One.
- Power off your console by removing the cords from the power supply.
- Then please make sure the Xbox is completely turned off.
- Wait for few seconds, and then plug the power cord again in the power supply.
- Next, press and hold the bind button, and the eject button, and then press the Xbox Button.
- Go to the Bind button, it is located on the left side of the console.
- It will help you to pair the new controller with Xbox.
- Then move to the eject button, it is located on the front of the console
- If the Xbox Starts, then hold the Bind and Eject buttons together for 10-15 seconds.
- You will hear power-up tones two times.
- After that, release the buttons when you hear the second one
- It will open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
Method to Fix Xbox One startup errors or E error codes:-
To solve E100 / E200 / E204 / E206/ E207- Restart your console
For this process, either you can restart from the option that you see in the screen “Restart this Xbox” or you can press and hold the Xbox button for nearly 10 seconds to turn off the console.
To Solve E101 / E205: Update your Xbox in offline mode
These two error code will indicate that the update had some issue during installation. So to solve this issue, you have only a single that is update it offline.
For this solution, you will require for a Windows PC with a good internet connection. It is compulsory that you have USB flash drive with a minimum of 4GB free space to copy the installation file. Please make sure to format it in NTFS format.
Please Note- Kindly make sure to create backup of all your data on the USB drive because it you may lose all the data while formatting it.
- Connect your USB flash drive into a USB port with your computer system.
- Then download the Offline System Update — OSU1.
- This file will take 4GB space as a ZIP file.
- Go to the file and right-click to Unzip it.
- Search for extract all of the option when will you right click on it.
- Move to the .zip file to your flash drive and copy the $SystemUpdate file.
- You have to make sure to copy the file in the main directory.
- Here, you will get no other files apart from this.
- Disconnect the USB flash drive from your computer system, and plug it in the console.
- Then select the Offline System Update.
- Select the source of the update, and then update.
To Fix E102/ E105 / E106 / E203 error code: Restore your console to factory defaults
If the above-given methods will not work then it is the last option. In this process, you will need to reset the console to completely restore your console from its factory settings. However, in this process, you will lose all of your saved data such as games, settings, etc. If any of your game progress has not been synced back to the cloud, it will be lost.
- Go the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter that we have already explained at earlier.
- Use the D-Pad and select Reset this Xbox option.
- Then press the A on your controller to confirm.
- Then select the Remove Everything.
After that, if you have lost the game installation, then it will be better to install or move the Xbox One games to an external drive when your console is up and running.
When you reset the Xbox One, it will automatically identify all of those games which are connected with your account. So we will suggest you to follow this process because it will save you lots of time.