Some Windows 10 users are facing issues with their Mail App on their system. When this error occurs your Mail App stop receiving emails, and it cannot sync the account configured on the app, and it shows an exact message on your screen is “Something went wrong; we can’t sync right now. Error code: 0x8500201d.”
Suddenly, when you stop receiving emails on your Windows Mail App, then there are chances that it can’t sync with your account. This error message states that the Windows Mail App is having issues with syncing your mail account. This 0x8500201d occurs because of a simple incorrect account configuration.
Here we have compiled a few methods to fix this error code 0x8500201d we can’t sync right now. But we suggest you that use these methods in an ascending order to avoid trouble and also save your time.
Steps to Fix Error Code 0x8500201d
There are few simple methods which help you in fixing the issue. But before going through the process, we want to warn you that you need to create a restore point. Unluckily, if something goes wrong, then it will save your important data. Here are a few methods:
- Check your PC date and time is correct.
- Re-enable mail syncing.
Method-1: Check your PC Date and Time is Correct
- Firstly, click on the date and time option located on the taskbar.
- Then, choose “Date and Time” settings.
- Now, click on the “On” tab to start the “Set Time Automatically.”
- Alternatively, other than Windows 10 users, click on the “Internet Time” option and then tick mark on “Automatically synchronize with the internet time server” option.
- After that, choose Server “time_windows.com” option.
- Next, click on the Update option.
- Then, click on the OK option.
Note: you don’t need to wait to complete update. Just click on the OK tab.
Once you completed the process, setting the correct date & time should fix the error, but if you still facing the issue or issue not solved then continue trying next methods.
Method-2: Re-enable Mail Syncing
- First, type “Mail” in the Windows Search bar.
- Then, click on the first result which is Mail (Windows Apps).
- After that, click on the Gear icon (Settings) in the mail app.
- Next, click on the Manage Account option to see all your email accounts configured under Windows.
- Click on the one option which having the sync-related problem.
- Now, click on the “Change mailbox sync settings” option.
- Lastly, disable the sync option and
close the Mail App.
- After disabling the sync option, your account will be permanently deleted from the Mail App.
- Again, click to open the mail app and click on the re-add the account option.
Billy Mark is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.